Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mommy and Daddy Get Away!


Andy and I took a big step this past weekend. We let Adaela over night for the first time. She is 16 months old and two of our dearest friends down here booked us a room on Key Largo and told us they were watching Adaela.

At first we both fought it. We said "no, no, we will take Adaela." But, both of us knew it was time. Adaela has a blast with these two and Andy and I needed the time.

This is not to say I didn't grimace every time I talked about leaving her. But we were only a couple of hours away, I could be there if I needed to be.

It was an awesome trip. I had forgotten how much fun Andy and I have together. We laughed and laughed. It is amazing how the daily business of living can drown out all the reason you really love someone. In the end I hope to be 90 and still laughing with this man.

Adaela had one big party while we were gone, and I am not going to lie, I was a little offended how "uneventful" our reunion was :). She gave me a big hug and then went to play with her toys.

Yes, I know it is a good thing she feels so secure.

So, put a check in another milestone box.

No comments: