Saturday, November 7, 2009

Life

This past year has been a pretty tough one. My closest family and friends know of the sorrows and hardships that have shaped some of my days. I told my Mom the other day "life is harder than I ever thought it would be. Better, too, but harder."

Having said that, I could not be more grateful or proud of my little family. Andy I just had our 4th Anniversary on Nov 4th (yes, I love the symmetry). I came home from work to a big bouquet of fall flowers, fresh baked brownies, ice cream, and my favorite candies. Andy and Adaela were waiting for me dancing to the song that Andy I danced to on our wedding night. Our song, "God only knows."

I will never forget that moment in the kitchen with Andy and Adaela. My heart was so full. Yes, it has been a hard year. But, that moment, summed it up. I am loved and I love.

I feel like I have been telling many of my friends lately how sorry I am about hard things in their lives. Telling them too that "Life is hard, but worth it." Telling them I love them and I am here with them.

These are not easy times. Life is not for the faint of heart. But, I am moved by the beauty I see in our "struggle." It is human and beautiful.

At Circle in the Square my favorite acting teacher would say to me "I love your struggle" again and again he would remind me of that fact. You know what, I am starting to love it too.

So yes, life is hard, so is love. But, it is beautiful and so worth it. In the words of a gift a beautiful friend gave to me "Love Life....Be Brave"

1 comment:

~m said...

LOVE YOU.. LOVE YOUR FAMILY

xo,m