Wednesday, September 3, 2008

NYC Whirlwind Trip



Adaela made her first trip to NYC. Here she is with Mom waiting to check in at the Fort Myers airport. This trip marked her 5th and 6th flights. Yes, she is a frequently flier who flew around 7 times while Mom was prego. She did very well on the plane, sat in our laps, and watched the Jet Blue tv shows.

We arrived at JFK around 10pm and Miss Adaela decided it was time to sleep in her sling. She slept through the baggage claim noise, the two subway rides, the walk through Midtown/Time Square, and up the 4 flights of stairs to Misty and Sams.

Our late night reunion at Sam and Misty was a sight to see. We entered their apartment with excited whispers, as both Samaire (3 weeks old) and Adaela were fast asleep. I couldn't have been more happy to see the three of them. My heart was so full as they met my Adaela and we met their beautiful Samaire. It was very right somehow, this reunion.



The last time I saw Misty, we looked like this...











We were in Sarasota in late March, admiring eachother's growing belly and wondering what life would be like for the four of us in just a few months.





The answer of course was INCREDIBLE.



So, we stayed up until 2am talking/whispering in their small apartment about babies, deliveries, future visits, and parenthood. Then, after much proding from the husbands, we all went to bed. Adaela slept in Samaire's stroller bassinet and Andy and I were on the pull out couch. The six of us were all together and all was right with the world.




The next morning we walked to Centeral Park/Columbus Square.



Here is the future New Yorker in her styling suglasses and pink lepard print socks. She really loved the city with all its sounds, sights, and smells. I was happy she was not startled at all by the hustle and bustle of NYC.



Here she is in Columbus Cirlce pulling her Dad's hair.




















After a lunch we walked to Tiffany's and Misty bought a beautiful infinity necklace in honor of Samaire's 8-8-08 Birthday, she was 8 days late p.s.

Let's talk about Samaire Alice Stiers. She is beautiful.



She is very alert, peaceful, and a KSU fan. Could she get any better....I submit she could not.



She is the perfect BFF for Adaela Elizabeth Amick. Plus, her parents are pretty cool too!





After shopping we celebrated Adaela's NYC trip with a Garden party hosted by Misty and Sam. They had this great idea to invite all of my Circle in the Square classmates and friends for a party in the garden next to their apartment. So, one by one they all arrived. It was so great to see all my beautiful friends again and introduce them to my daughter (I still can't say that phrase enough, my daughter).





We had some AMAZING BBQ from Daisey Mae's. Yes, I will be going there again.



Here is a tiny picture of Marissa, Rachel, Tracy, and Lauren Lucille. I am not sure why it is so small :) I was happy to meet Lauren Lucille's wonderful husband Carl.




I had no idea how many of Andy's faces Adaela had already pefected. Evidently, she has the intimidating "what do you want" stare down, as demonstrated on the right.














After an hour or so, the mosquitos were too much to handle and we headed into Misty and Sam's apartment. Adaela enjoyed some quality play time with Sara and Tracy (again, I have no idea why this picture is so small). Aunt Vanessa did a great job keeping Adaela entertained and happy, as well :).





The next morning we packed up Adaela and walked to St. Patrick's Cathedral. This is a very special place for Andy and me. We had our first kiss of it's steps, went to Mass there many a Sunday, and got engaged on the same steps as pictured above. My good friend Jessica lit a candle their last August with prayers for Andy and I to get pregnant. Clearly, someone heard those prayers. It was so special to take her their and my favorite old Priest, Monsieur Cassidy said the Mass.


After Church we packed up the babies and headed to the Ave. of the America's street fair. Now, I love a street fair. I spent many a summer day enjoying the food, purses, and people. It seemed right we would run into a street fair that day.


After the street fair and a trip to Anthropology for me, we ate an amazing Brazilian restaurant near World Wide Plaza. It can best be described as a world of meat. They had an incredible salad bar with cheeses, fruits, sushi, etc.


After you are finished with the salad, you flip over a card on your table, and waiters begin to offer you 100 different kinds of meat. Andrew stuffed himself full of lamb, while I enjoyed the grilled octopus. The highlight of the evening was when Adaela pooped on Andy :).
The next morning we headed to Sara and Josh's apartment for a delicious breakfast. They have two birds, one of which, Petey, made friends with Andy's head. Petey enjoyed pecking at Andy's scalp and doing a cute bird dance with his hair. I was so happy to finally see where Sara is living. It was so nice. We can't wait to visit it again.



After breakfast we walked around Mid Town and visited the Little Pie company for some yummy desserts. Here are Sam and Andy pushing the girls around in the amazing strollers. Adaela tanked out for a little nap.


We had the best time seeing everyone again and walking around our favorite city. The time with Sara, Tracy, Lauren Lucille, and Vanessa could not have been better. I can't get enough time with them and will continue to beg them to come to Florida for a visit.


I will always remember our time with Misty, Samaire, and Sam in their apartment. Thank you to the Stier's famliy for opening up their home to us. It was a special time to watch Sam play with Adaela and make her smile and laugh at his silliness. A time for me to hold Samaire peacefully in my arms. A time to marvel at Misty as a mother. She is a beautiful, calm, strong, and wonderful Mom. As always, I am endlessly impressed with her.


I can't wait for our Halloween Orlando vacation together. I can almost taste the Food and Wine festival goodies already.


Until we meet again. We love and miss you NYC.







4 comments:

The Celiac Diva said...

Beautiful post!!! I already miss you guys!

~m said...

Oh, it was SO AWESOME to see all THREE of you!! We miss you so very much!

Kristina said...

That sounded fun! Take me with you next time, Adaela...You've got to introduce your boyfriend to your BFF! :)

Love,
Gabriel

Gabriel Michael Freeland said...

And by the way, my mom thought your leopard socks were cute. I told her, of course they were...I have the cutest girlfriend ever.

Hugs,
Gabriel