Friday, January 2, 2009

2008


2008 was the best year of my life. Adaela Elizabeth Amick filled it for love and excitement from the year's start. 2007 was a bit of a rough year. After a battle with Alzheimer's we lost my beloved Grandfather in November. I was heartbroken my Grandpa would not meet Adaela.
So, when January 2008 rolled around we were all ready. Ready for a new year and a new life. My parents and Andy's parents were in Florida visiting for that New Year's Eve. I was excited to be "showing" a little and looking like I could be prego. Little baby Adaela was busy rolling around in my belly. My dad and I bought a whole bunch of fireworks and we all set them off. It was a great start to the new year.
For the next four months, Andy and I waited nervous and excited for her arrival. Then, on April 27th, a week after her Dad's birthday, Adaela made her entrance. Life would never be the same.

The rest of 2008 was filled with kisses, diapers, rocking, laughing, "dada", "mama", crawling, and love.
Thank God for 2008. It feels impossible for 2009 to be any better, but, somehow with this little wonder around I think it really could be.

1 comment:

~m said...

I know it will! We love you and can't wait to share another year with you ... as parents!