Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter

Easter time is here. Adaela's first Easter on the "outside." I love Easter. My Grandmother, always says "We are Easter people. We are people of Hope." I like this. She is right we are Easter people, and sometimes, that is all that we have. Thankfully, it is enough for me.

I gave up all sweets for Lent. I have done this for a couple of years now and usually it almost destroys me. I am a sugar girl. I love ice cream, snow cones, candy, chocolate, cupcakes, icees, etc. But, I was surprised this year it wasn't has devastating as usual.

I think after having Adaela and learning to sacrifice for her over and over again, when it was time to let go of sugar and sacrifice for Lent, some how, it was easier.

That is a wonderful gift of motherhood. The opportunity and even desire to sacrifice. To look past myself and my wants and needs for the good of another. I can not believe Adaela will be a year old a week from tomorrow. (Ps. tomorrow 4-20 is Andy's birthday, he doesn't like people to know, but I can't stop myself :) he will be 30!!).
Time has flown with this little pixie.

I will be done nursing and pumping at work soon. Now, that has been a sacrifice, I don't want to see that pump for a while.

Anyway, Easter was a wonderful day full of sugar and friends. My Heart Ball is this coming weekend, so it will be a busy, busy work week.

Here is a little Adaela cuteness to get us through the week....

2 comments:

SS said...

helluva cute... the whole family!

~m said...

more pics! more pics!

and you know, Ive fond that it doesn't even feel like sacrifice - and i know you feel the same way. it's just anything for her. anything to bring her joy.

it comes so easy now.i'm so lucky to have you around. for the times when maybe its not so easy.

here's to people of hope!