Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy First Birthday Adaela!

Happy Birthday my darling little girl. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. It has been the best and fastest year of my life.

You were born at 9:39 am on Sunday morning, April 27th. The Dr. said you would be here with the next push and the song "Shelter from the Storm" by Bob Dylan started playing. Both Daddy and I began to cry. We knew this was the moment, the moment we had always be been waiting for.

If I have learned anything this past year it would be that I have needed you just has much as you have needed me. I will always be your Shelter from the Storm, thank you for being mine.

I love you. Happy Birthday Adaela Elizabeth,

Mom

"Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."

And if I pass this way again, you can rest assured
I'll always do my best for her, on that I give my word
In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm.
"Come in," she said,
"I'll give you shelter from the storm."






















2 comments:

Jamie said...

So. Awesome! Happy B-day Miss A!

SS said...

Happy birthday kid-o!